Friday, August 21, 2015

Family Picture Outfits

The outfits you choose for family pictures can set the mood for your pictures.  Even though it can be stressful, expensive and overwhelming, it doesn’t have to be! I am definitely not an expert on this, but today I am sharing a couple of tips that have helped me as I plan what my family wears for our pictures.   

Picking a color scheme
There are so many wonderful sites that can help you find what colors work together.  A couple of great sites are: 

Choosing Outfits 
Don't be afraid of using colors, layers and patterns.  They can all add great depth and fun to your family pictures!

I always look through our closets and pick at least one outfit that someone already has and then plan around that.  This helps you find a color scheme and also helps you save money. The first time Janey did our family pictures I already had a dress I really liked for little C so we used that and planned the rest of the outfits around it.  The colors were bright and fun! This was especially nice, since that particular fall the colors weren't super bright so we stood out with all of the brown. If the fall, had been luscious with color these bright colors may not have worked. 






For our most recent family pictures in May I was really liking the coral and navy theme.  I already had a fun coral necklace and I had a cute coral dress for little C. We had decided last fall that we wanted to do pictures in the spring, so I had a long time to look for color schemes and outfits.  I love to find good deals anyway, but for family pictures I always try to get good deals shopping clearance and sales.  It’s takes a little time, but in the end I always end up saving enough that it’s worth it!  It helps too if you pick your color scheme ahead of time. Plan a budget for your outfits and stick to it! With all the green at the park we went to, the colors we picked worked great and stood out. We love how they turned out!





















Once you get your outfits all together, send a picture to your photographer so they can see what you’ve planned.  It can help as you plan where to take your pictures.  You want to stand out so location can be such a big part, since you don't want your outfits to clash or blend in with the background. The photographer can help a lot with this, but as you pick a location you will need to keep this in mind so there are a lot of places within the location to pose.
       
As Janey said in her post earlier this week, family pictures can be hectic, but they don't have to be.  Hopefully some of these tips we’ve shared will help you plan for your family pictures and make it an enjoyable experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment