Monday, February 9, 2015

Someone Loves You FHE

For the Family Home Evening lesson for the week of Valentines' day we did a lesson about love.  We watched a short video Love One Another (link posted below) and had the kids look for acts of love that they saw in the video.  My husband and I helped the kids point out the simple acts of love that they saw in the video.  Then we talked about how Jesus loves us and asked the kids how they know that Jesus loves them.

Next I had four pieces of paper with one of our names written on each paper.  I mixed them up and then had each person draw one.  Once we all had our name,  I gave everyone a piece of paper that said "Someone loves you."  The assignment for the week was to do something special for the person on your piece of paper.  Once you did it you could write the person a note on the paper.  We love to sing songs after our lessons and so this time we focused on "love songs" in the Primary and Hymn books.  (links to songs posted below).

Everyone had a fun time with the lesson and it was fun to see what everyone did for each other.

Little C made her daddy lunch one day.  There was a huge pile of spicy mustard on one half and a stack of cheese on the other side, but he loved it!


My husband took my daughter on an ice cream date

I got some my son a couple of books from his book fair wish list.

Little J wrote me a note about why he loves me.   So Precious.




















Everyone was very thoughtful and it definitely helped us feel the love during love week!  


You don't have to wait until Valentine's day to do this lesson.  This lesson would be great any time of the year! 


 Materials:
 -Love One Another Mormon Message 
-Pieces of paper with a family member's name written on each one
-"Someone Loves You" printable in pink or red























Song Ideas:
-I Feel my Savior's Love
-I Know that my Savior Loves Me
-Love one Another
-Love is Spoken Here 
-Love at Home
-I'm Trying to be like Jesus
-Jesus Said love Everyone


Treat:
-Any fun heart shaped dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment