Tuesday, June 9, 2015

$15 Patriotic Wreath




Janey and I love making wreaths for each holiday.  Normally we make the same one, but this time we decided to each do something different, but similar. I will share my $15 patriotic wreath today and Janey will share her $10 patriotic door-hanging on Thursday.  You can get a lot of use out of these patriotic decorations since there are several patriotic holidays!














Supplies: 

( I had the paint and floss already, but I bought the rest at Joann's with coupons and the holiday sale) 
1 18" grapevine wreath
4" wooden letters (U,S,A)
red,white and blue acrylic paint
paint brushes
4" glitter star (in the patriotic section)
patriotic glitter ball picks (These were in the patriotic and floral sections of the store)
glue gun or embroidery floss (the color of your letters)
1 1/2-2" patriotic ribbon ( I used about 2')

Tutorial:

Start by painting your letters.  I chose to do each letter a different color, but you can just pick one color if you want.  Let the letters dry completely.


















Arrange the glitter picks the way you want them in the bottom right quarter of the wreath.  These picks had nice clips at the end so you should be able to weave them through pretty tightly and clip them in.















Untie the ribbon knot on the star and put the ribbon through the center of the top of the wreath.  Tie a new knot and slide the knot into the wreath so it is hidden.






Once the letters are dry, arrange them on the upper left quarter of the wreath.  I had the last line of the A go over the ribbon for the star.  















You can glue the letters on with a glue gun if you like.  I chose to tie mine on with embroidery floss because my door is metal and gets really hot in the summer and melts the glue.



Lastly, cut about 2 feet of your patriotic ribbon (or however long you like) and thread it through the wreath in the center of the back.  I used the star ribbon for a guide to the center of the wreath.
















Hang up your cute and festive wreath! 






















Stay tuned for Janey's patriotic door-hanging later in the week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment