Thursday, June 11, 2015

$10 USA Door/Wall Hanging

If you are looking for a cheap option for a door hanging, this one is a great option. I spent $7.50 including tax (with coupons), but I imagine if you didn't have coupons you could still keep this under $10.



















Supplies:

  • USA Letters
  • 2 stars
  • Thick ribbon
  • paint
  • glue gun
















Paint your letters and stars. I chose to Red letters and white stars since I thought that would stand out well with my ribbon. But you can do your letters differently, depending on your ribbon.
















Let them dry completely.

I think the hardest part of this entire project was making the perfect bow. I don't know why but I struggle making bows. I used this tutorial has a guide, but only did 3 loops for each side since I didn't want it to be too overwhelming.
















Make a loop about 6" long (but do not cut the ribbon) and fold it behind so that the longer tail of it is in front.. This part will be how you hang the hanging to your door, or your wall.















Glue your bow, letters, and stars to the longer part of the ribbon.

















Kim's and my finished project!

















No comments:

Post a Comment