Thursday, March 26, 2015

Tie Onesies

I think little boys are so cute in ties! These tie onesies would make a great gift. I seem to have so many friends' having babies lately and I am always looking for a fun homemade gift! Or if you have a little boy of your own stick this in his Easter basket so he can have a cute new Easter outfit.




















Supplies:

  • White Onesies
  • Tie Pattern or create your own
  • Fabric for tie (scrap fabric or fat quarters)
  • coordinating thread
  • scissors
  • sewing machine
  • Pencil / Fabric Marker
  • Pins or Spray Adhesive 
First cut out the tie (or bow tie) pattern.. My pattern is just for 0-3 months and 3-6 month onesies but you can make it bigger quite easily by extending the tie to fit larger sizes)

I used the fabric marker (but you can also use a pencil) to trace the pattern on to the fabric. If the fabric marker or pencil don't show up on your fabric, you can also use a pen but trace on the wrong side of the fabric so you won't see the outline on the tie.

















Cut your fabric.


Take the tie you just created and place it on the onesie to get the right position. 

I had spray adhesive on hand so I used that, but you could also pin the fabric onto the onesie.

I like to spray my adhesive on a plate and then use a brush to brush it on- I feel like it's less messy this way.















Use a medium width zig zag stitch to attach your fabric tie to the onesie. Every sewing machine is different so please use some test fabric to figure out the width you like best.



You can end here or you can add another line of stitches at the end of the "knot" in the tie. For the above fabric I preferred it as is, but I have an example below if you choose to add more detail.

If you do this, we would love to see the finished project!



No comments:

Post a Comment